- Relaxes you
- Reduces irritability
- Treats the effects of stress
- Stimulates the immune system
- Frees habitually tight muscles
- Increases circulation, bringing nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Moves away metabolic waste of sore and tired muscles
- Releases endorphins, the most legal drug of all!
How to prepare for your session:
- Avoid ingesting caffeine in tea, coffee, or soda. Don't eat a heavy meal.
- Consider taking a relaxing bath or shower beforehand.
- Turn off your phone or pager.
- Focus your attention on your breathing. Chatting can detract from the effectiveness
of the treatment. Try to breathe slowly and deeply.
- Feel your weight on the table. Allow your body to feel heavier and more
relaxed with each deep breath. Pretend you’re as limp as an overcooked
At your session:
- For ease of access, you may wish to wear baggy clothes.
- If you need to disrobe, you may do so in private. You may leave on your
- You will be covered for modesty.
- It really doesn’t matter what you look like!
- The most important thing is for you to be comfortable.